To be eligible for International High School potential students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age—Students must be within the ages of 14-16 on or before September 1 of the school year of their enrollment. Students who are 17 years or older will remain at their home high school.
- Previous enrollment in U.S.—Students must have been in the country for less than one year and have not been previously enrolled in a school within the United States.
- Language Level—Recent immigrant students are assessed at one of three places: their home high school, the International Welcome Center or at the International HS campus. The assessments performed will determine if the student’s English language proficiency. If the student is determined to need assistance, he/she will be offered the opportunity to attend the International High School.
- Length of Placement at International—Students will remain at IHS for two school years. International High is a school of choice and guardians may exercise their right to enroll their students at their home campus.
The following documentation will be needed upon enrollment:
- Proof of Address
- Parent Identification
- Student Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- School Transcripts (if available)